Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com> on 2003/12/15 14:00:14 UTC

html:select tag or logic:iterate

Hi all,
	I am quite new to struts tag library and I need an advice.
In the HttpSession I have an object of type Collection, which stores
a list of MyObject.
MyOBject has two properties, description and id.

Out of this Collection of MyObject I must generate a selectable list
Which displays MyObject names,  (wity MyObject.id as value)

I have tried to embed the html:select inside a logic:iterate, but my
editor (websphere studio)complaints for following code

  <logic:iterate collection="<%=
(Collection)session.getAttribute("CONTAINER_TYPES")%>" id="container">
property="type"/>">
			<bean:write name="container"
property="description"/>
  </logic:iterate>

the error is  'Attribute container has no value'

anyone has a suggestion on how to solve my problem?

Fact is that the Collection is stored in the session, not in a
JavaBean..

Thanks and regards
	marco

Re: html:select tag or logic:iterate