Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Israel Evans <is...@lith.com> on 2002/01/30 19:24:35 UTC

ScriptInterpreterSource: The Registry of Ineptitude.

I'm setting up my apache server and am having problem with cgi.

Out of sheer masochism I'm using windows 2000 and it seems that in order for
me to get a cgi file to be run I have to change the httpd.conf file to
include the line :
ScriptInterpreterSource Registry

Now this works fine for me when I try to run my .py files because that
extension is registered to be opened by python.  The problem is that even
though the .conf file tells me that the ScriptInterpreterSource Registry
line is an optional one that enables a windows like behavior for files, I'd
really like to use the unix behavior if possible.  I'm trying out using .psp
(Python Server Pages) with Webware's WebKit but unfortunately .psp is
registered as a Paint Shop Pro file.  I'd like to use the Shebang line to
specify what to program to open files with, but it seems that I can't.  I'd
rather not have to register all .psp files to python server pages, I'd just
like to teach Apache how to deal with them.

Am I missing something?  Any Ideas?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

~Israel~

Re: ScriptInterpreterSource: The Registry of Ineptitude.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Israel Evans wrote:

> I'd like to use the Shebang line to specify what to program
> to open files with, but it seems that I can't.  I'd rather
> not have to register all .psp files to python server pages,
> I'd just like to teach Apache how to deal with them.

Nothing unusual -- except that you need to quote the path
if it contains spaces:

#! C:/Perl/perl.exe
#! "C:/Program Files/Perl/perl.exe"
--