Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@apache.org> on 2020/04/27 19:22:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.12.0 (RC1)

Hello All,

         Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC1 as the
official Qpid Dispatch Router version  1.12.0.

RC1 of Qpid Dispatch Router version 1.12.0 can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.12.0-rc1/

The following improvements, and bug fixes are introduced in 1.12.0:

Improvements -
    DISPATCH-1479 - multicast/routing behaviour doc improvements
    DISPATCH-1608 - Display workerThreads in the output of qdstat -g
and qdmanage query --type=router
    DISPATCH-1611 - In debug mode, provide time and backtrace of
leaked pool allocations
    DISPATCH-1615 - Backtrace of leaked allocations does not show object address
    DISPATCH-1616 - Scraper could export facts for creating sequence diagrams
    DISPATCH-1617 - Prevent router startup if edge or standalone
routers have 'edge' role listeners

Bug fixes -
    DISPATCH-1581 - Policy counters are int and should be uint64
    DISPATCH-1593 - Fix legend in console's topology view
    DISPATCH-1606 - Qpid dispatch console keeps trying to open
connections when using empty username and password against a listener
configured with SASL plain
    DISPATCH-1607 - [test] one_router
test_48_connection_uptime_last_dlv ConnectionUptimeLastDlvTest
intermittent fail
    DISPATCH-1609 - Policy denial logs omit the 'C' in the connection ID
    DISPATCH-1610 - qd_pn_free_link_session_t objects leaking when
connections are socket closed
    DISPATCH-1612 - Automatically fill in the address and port that
was used to serve the console into the console's connect form
    DISPATCH-1613 - Remove error log that is issued when >
QDR_N_PRIORITY router links attach
    DISPATCH-1614 - Edge router crash when interior closes edge uplink
connection
    DISPATCH-1618 - Server shutdown leaks policy setting objects
    DISPATCH-1622 - Router crash when trying to create connector via qdmanage
    DISPATCH-1626 - On released callback invoked twice for same delivery tag
    DISPATCH-1627 - Occasional leak of qd_iterator_buffer during
system_tests_link_route_credit test
    DISPATCH-1628 - Crash after enforcing oversize message connection close
    DISPATCH-1630 - Coverity issues on master branch

Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.12.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 9:44 AM Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> close
> >     DISPATCH-1630 - Coverity issues on master branch
> >
> > Thanks.

> +1
>
> I checked things over as follows:
> - Verified the signature and checksum files.
> - Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archive.
> - Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify the source licence headers.
> - Built against Proton 0.30.0 and ran the tests.
> - Started above built router against Proton 0.31.0 RC1 instead of 0.30.0.
> - Built against Proton 0.31.0 RC1 and ran the tests.
> - Ran the Qpid JMS 0.51.0 HelloWorld example against the router.
>
> I did run into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1631. I
> verified 1.11.0 has the same so it isnt a regression.
>
> Can we stop cross-posting the vote to both lists, none of the other
> votes do this and invariably at least some folks (often me) forget to

Point taken. Will only send out to users list going forward.

Best Regards

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 14:36, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >     DISPATCH-1627 - Occasional leak of qd_iterator_buffer during
> > system_tests_link_route_credit test
> >     DISPATCH-1628 - Crash after enforcing oversize message connection close
> >     DISPATCH-1630 - Coverity issues on master branch
> >
> > Thanks.

> +1
>
> I checked things over as follows:
> - Verified the signature and checksum files.
> - Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archive.
> - Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify the source licence headers.
> - Built against Proton 0.30.0 and ran the tests.
> - Started above built router against Proton 0.31.0 RC1 instead of 0.30.0.
> - Built against Proton 0.31.0 RC1 and ran the tests.
> - Ran the Qpid JMS 0.51.0 HelloWorld example against the router.
>
> I did run into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1631. I
> verified 1.11.0 has the same so it isnt a regression.

Chuck resolved the test issue with:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-dispatch.git;h=4527ad7

I also changed the Travis CI config to catch such problems in future with:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-dispatch.git;h=d31f4d8

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1

This release successfully passed my stress tests w/o incident and no
apparent memory leaks:
- oslo-messaging stress test
<https://github.com/kgiusti/dispatch-tester/tree/master/smoke-tests/oslo-messaging>
- 2 router x 1 broker
<https://github.com/kgiusti/dispatch-tester/tree/master/smoke-tests/2router1broker>

-K

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.12.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1

> [...]

> > connections are socket closed
> >     DISPATCH-1612 - Automatically fill in the address and port that
> > was used to serve the console into the console's connect form
> >     DISPATCH-1613 - Remove error log that is issued when >
> > QDR_N_PRIORITY router links attach
> >     DISPATCH-1614 - Edge router crash when interior closes edge uplink
> > connection
> >     DISPATCH-1618 - Server shutdown leaks policy setting objects
> >     DISPATCH-1622 - Router crash when trying to create connector via
> > qdmanage
> >     DISPATCH-1626 - On released callback invoked twice for same delivery
> > tag
> >     DISPATCH-1627 - Occasional leak of qd_iterator_buffer during
> > system_tests_link_route_credit test
> >     DISPATCH-1628 - Crash after enforcing oversize message connection
> close
> >     DISPATCH-1630 - Coverity issues on master branch

-K

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.12.0 (RC1)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.
+1

It has now completed 120 million messages without problem in the following
test:

  * single router
  * 250 receivers, 250 senders, 250 addresses
  * senders in 5 groups, each throttled to send messages at different
intervals: {13, 17, 19, 23, 29} msec.
  * router has *64 worker threads* (machine has 64 threads)
  * average rate of messages at start of test is 12,500 per second. (Slows
down as senders start completing their assigned number of messages. (1
million) ).
  * messages are not presettled.

Also note -- *no memory growth.*

Posted by Michael Goulish <mg...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Fernando Giorgetti <fg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1

* Ran system self tests (using current qpid-proton master)
* Ran ad-hoc 12-router tests
* Ran connect-disconnect exercisers
* Ran policy and oversize message tests

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.