Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2011/08/26 00:26:23 UTC

[VOTE] Avro release 1.5.3 (rc 0)

I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.5.3.

This contains just three changes from 1.5.2:

    AVRO-872. Java: Improved Schema parsing API and permit IDL imports
    to depend on names defined in prior imports. (cutting)

    AVRO-877. Java: Add support for compiling multiple, dependent
    schemas. (Bill Graham via cutting)

    AVRO-880. Java: Upgrade snappy-java to 1.0.3.2.
    (Alejandro Abdelnur via cutting)

Please download, test, and vote.

  http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.5.3-rc0/

The Maven staging repository is at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-067/

Thanks in advance for voting!

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.3 (rc 0)

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Verified signatures and unit tests. Also ran some examples to verify
AVRO-872 and AVRO-877.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.3 (rc 0)

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.3 (rc 0)

Posted by Matt Massie <ma...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.3 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Avro release 1.5.3 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
This passes, with 4 +1 votes, 3 from PMC members, and no -1 votes.

I'll now publish this release.