Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2012/04/11 12:03:26 UTC

[Math] Broken links in "userguide"

Hi.

There were some wrong links in the user guide in file "analysis.xml" (fixed
in r1324680).

What is the policy to update the site, i.e. to post a corrected version of
the user guide?

Thanks,
Gilles

P.S. Thanks for the "settings.xml" snippet that allows to skip things in the
     maven run!

Re: [Math] Broken links in "userguide"

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11 April 2012 11:03, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> There were some wrong links in the user guide in file "analysis.xml" (fixed
> in r1324680).
>
> What is the policy to update the site, i.e. to post a corrected version of
> the user guide?

If the fixes are small, I usually just edit the HTML files directly.
Safer than redeploying.

Or regenerate the site, and upload the changed pages to your local dir.
Compare the new and old page(s), and if the changes look OK, replace
the old page(s).

If you do redeploy, it needs to be done very carefully to ensure that
the site reflects the current released version, rather than whatever
happens to be in trunk at the time. This would probably require
creating a branch from the GA tag, making the changes there, and
building the site from the branch.