Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Darrell Teague <da...@mantech.com> on 2003/08/22 16:00:01 UTC

Re: XMLBeans Apache Project

Thanks for the link Ted.  I read through it.  I must confess my ignorance - I did not realize BEA already had a Beta implementation.  My ignorance if furthered by the question of "Why an Apache XMLBeans project then?"  Is it that BEA is turning the code over to Apache for management?  What is driving this?  Is it that BEA isn't happy with the current design/implementation and wants to start over, extend the product through the open source community or just let it fly unfettered into the wilderness (like the XML4J project was turned over to Apache from IBM some years ago)?

Please let me know if you need/want any help with the project.  Meanwhile, I will do some more homework on what it is, outside of the Apache-context.  Thanks.

>>> twleung@sauria.com 08/21/03 22:27 PM >>>
FYI

http://www.freeroller.net/page/chiara/20030821#my_take_of_weblogic_xmlbeans

Ted