Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Ohnesorg <Da...@ohnesorg.cz> on 2002/09/23 23:47:49 UTC

error loading org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade

I have also problems with tomcat 4.1.0 and j2sdk1.4.0_02 from sun. The
servlet crashes and in log is:

2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: DesignExamples/Kahiki  Mon Sep 23 21:01:51 CEST
2002 Memory 5410816
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: PoolManager:: KernelPool General found
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: General KernelPool::Getting Kernel
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: General KernelPool::Got Kernel
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: General KernelData2:: Message
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: Java::excptn: A Java exception occurred:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
       org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequestFacade
        at MSP.evaluateMSP(MSP.java:149)
        at MSP.processMSP(MSP.java:342)
        at MSP.doGet(MSP.java:356)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
       ationFilterChain.java:247)
        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil

..................... traceback continues ................

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
       480)
        at
        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve
       .java:174)
        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.
       invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
       480)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java)
        at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
       Connection(Http11Protocol.java)
        at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
       08)
        at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo
       l.java:533)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
     .
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: General KernelData2:: Message
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: LoadClass::fail:
   Java failed to load class org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequestFacade.
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: General KernelData2:: Message
2002-09-23 21:01:51 MSP: Java::excptn: A Java exception occurred:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
       org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade

And there is no output sent into browser. What can be wrong?
I am able to run all the examples from tomcat, but this fails. Its called
from webmathematica, but the failing class is a part of tomcat.

cheers
dan

RE: Tomcat 4.0 - SSL DOES NOT WORK!

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Sure,

Anyone who want to see my config file is welcome to. Just drop me an email.
:)

Neal

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.

Posted by Martin Jacobson <ma...@libero.it>.
neal wrote:

> Thanks but this is actually specific to tomcat 3.  The configuration for
> Tomcat 4 is a bit different.  :(
>
> Some good overall SSL info though. I'll pass this to the SysAdmin to see if
> this tips him off to anything.
>
> Thanks.
> Neal

Hi Neal,

I'm using 4.0.4b3 with SSL working fine. Other than setting up web.xml
(below), the only issues were
(i) downloading JSSE and installing it as a standard extension (ie in
the /lib/ext directory under Java's home.
(ii) generating a self-signed cert with keytool (I don't have a Thawte cert)

I did try to upgrade to 4.1.10, but I couldn't get the Coyote connector
to work for me, so I've stayed with 4.0.4.

Do you get any errors logged when you try using https ? Set debug to 9
and see what you get.

Hope this helps - SSL DOES work - really!

Martin

---- extract from web.xml ---

<!-- Define an SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 443 -->
port="443"
minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
enableLookups="true"
redirectPort="80"
acceptCount="10"
debug="0"
scheme="https"
secure="true">
<Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
clientAuth="false"
keystoreFile="/Users/martin/.keystore"
keystorePass="mypassword"
protocol="TLS"
/>
</Connector>

RE: Tomcat 4.0 - SSL DOES NOT WORK!

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
http://www.mnu.edu/tomcat/tomcat-ssl-howto.html

At 04:00 PM 9/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Alright,
>
>Two solid days of troubleshooting between myself, a system admin, and a
>technical guy from Thawte and we've following the directions explicitly and
>tweaked everything we can think to tweak.  I think I am ready to declare
>that... SSL DOES NOT WORK WITH TOMCAT 4.0 ... unless someone can prove me
>wrong?!?!?!
>

>--

Re: Tomcat 4.0 - SSL DOES NOT WORK!

Posted by ac...@saysit.com.
Hi All.
Don't know whether I should butt in on this thread.
Due to security reaosns, we use OpenSSL instead of telnet.
As Mr Ian pointed out, this is restricted to USA only - has been for a
long time.
Ergo : use OpenSSL ?

keystore.name versus .keystore

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
When my sysAdmin created the keystore file for our SSL cert, it came out
'keystore.name' not '.keystore' as the Tomcat manual said that it would.
The sysAdmin however insists he followed the directions and used the
appropriate JSSE keytool utility.

Could this be related to why my SSL (Tomcat4.0.4 Standalone) is not working?

Thanks.
Neal

Re: Tomcat 4.0 - SSL DOES NOT WORK!

Posted by Ian McFarland <ia...@neo.com>.

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Ian,

Are you sure that 4.1 does support SSL out of the box?  Is there some
documentation on that?  Its not that I don't trust you ... rather, my
SysAdmin isn't going to be too happy about having to re-install and will
probably want some solid evidence before doing it.

Thanks.
Neal

Posted by Ian McFarland <ia...@neo.com>.

Tomcat 4.0 - SSL DOES NOT WORK!