Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/19 15:33:28 UTC

what's cool about cassandra 2.1.0?

Hey all,

 I tried googling around to get an idea about what was new (and potentially
cool) in the newest release of cassandra - 2.1.0.

But all that I've been able to find so far is this kind of general
statement about the new features.

https://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg38448.html

It doesn't seem to have a lot of detail!  Particularly I'm curious about
how CQL has been enhanced beyond just an incomplete list of new data types.
I'd like to know what the performance improvements are, How the row cache
has been improved. Etc. You get the idea! So where can I find a more
complete description of how this update is of benefit?

Thanks!
Tim

--
GPG me!!

Re: what's cool about cassandra 2.1.0?

Posted by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks I'll check that out! Really appreciate that!

Posted by James Briggs <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I'll be blunt. The reason to use the latest 2.0 or soon 2.1 is because
Apple has committed 20 patches that make Cassandra
operationally useful. Apple is the QA lab for Cassandra.

Their conference talk was very exciting. I hope a video of that
gets posted in October.

Thanks, James Briggs.
--
Cassandra/MySQL DBA. Available in San Jose area or remote.

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tim

 From this blog (http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/whats-new-in-cassandra-2-1)