Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Luis Reyes <lr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/16 22:13:12 UTC

502 Proxy Error: Correction

Hi everyone,

Can someone tellme what does it mean this error:

502 Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET //...

Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused

Apache/1.3.22 Server at ...  Port 80

What can I do in order to fix it.

Regards

Re: 502 Proxy Error: Correction

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
Hi,

  I cannot tell you specifically what 502 represents, but the
error message is pretty clear:  The Apache server was configured
to proxy a request and could not fulfill the request because it could
not get a response from the server it was configured to proxy for.

  I know that that is clear as mud.  The problem is, without knowing
the configuration of the front-end and back-end machines, and possibly
the network layout, it is impossible to answer authoritatively.  It
could be a mis-configuration on the apache server, on the back-end
server or of the network itself.

  Does that help.