Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Janez Dovc <ja...@cosylab.com> on 2003/04/01 02:18:38 UTC

custom subject tag

There certainly is a good reason, but I will ask anyway. Why don't we have a
custom subject tag in all emails, sent to list. Something like [ant-user] in
the beginning of subject line would be perfect.

Ciao,

Janez

Re: custom subject tag

Posted by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com>.

Janez Dovc wrote:
> There certainly is a good reason, but I will ask anyway. Why don't we have a
> custom subject tag in all emails, sent to list. Something like [ant-user] in
> the beginning of subject line would be perfect.

It takes up ten chars of the subject?  ;)

I don't know the official reason, but if you're looking for filtering
criteria, I have my ant-user emails shuttled into a folder by filtering
the "List-ID" header for the content: "user.ant.apache.org" (both
without the doublequotes).

Erik

Re: custom subject tag

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Janez Dovc wrote:
> There certainly is a good reason, but I will ask anyway. Why don't we have a
> custom subject tag in all emails, sent to list. Something like [ant-user] in
> the beginning of subject line would be perfect.

1. because it really convolutes re: threading

2. because there is enough stuff in the message header for something
like mozilla or even outlook-express-virus-execution-service to move stuff.

Look at the full headers and see what rules you can create from either
the to: list or one of the other list related headers.