Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/10/15 21:11:17 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "ExtractingRequestHandler" by YonikSeeley

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "ExtractingRequestHandler" page has been changed by YonikSeeley:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler?action=diff&rev1=46&rev2=47

  = Getting Started with the Solr Example =
   * Check out Solr trunk or get a 1.4 release or later.
-  * If using a check out, running "ant example" will build the necessary jars.
+  * Note: if using a check out of the Solr source code instead of a binary release, running "ant example" will build the necessary jars.
  Now start the solr example server:
  {{{
  cd example
@@ -76, +76 @@

   1. fields are generated by Tika or passed in as literals via {{{literal.fieldname=value}}}
   1. if lowernames==true, fields are mapped to lower case
   1. mapping rules {{{fmap.source=target}}} are applied
-  1. unknown field names are prefixed with the value of {{{uprefix}}}
+  1. if {{{uprefix}}} is specified, any unknown field names are prefixed with that value, else if {{{defaultField}}} is specified, unknown fields are copied to that.

  = Configuration =

@@ -89, +89 @@

  <requestHandler name="/update/extract" class="org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler">
      <lst name="defaults">
        <str name="fmap.Last-Modified">last_modified</str>
+       <str name="uprefix">ignored_</str>
      </lst>
      <!--Optional.  Specify a path to a tika configuration file.  See the Tika docs for details.-->
      <str name="tika.config">/my/path/to/tika.config</str>

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "ExtractingRequestHandler" by YonikSeeley

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar
<sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe there was no problem with notifications for regular edits. Only
> trivial edits were not generating a notification.

In the past few days I've been making some non-trivial edits... no
notifications ever went out (until today).

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.