Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tate Jones <ta...@pisoftware.com> on 2001/05/04 07:30:56 UTC

Jetspeed in production

Hi all,

We've almost finished development of a vertical portal for a client using the
Jetspeed framework. It has been a fairly smooth development cycle and we'll
definitely be using Jetspeed again for future portals.

We thought someone else may like to see the results, so we've posted some
sample pages at:

<http://staff.pisoftware.com/tom/publications/ieaustportal/index.html>

As part of this development we've developed a new portlet control and the
following new portlets:

RSS news feed built on JDBC
o Full administration features to add/remove/update news items.
o The ability to upload a file for the full news story.
o A servlet abstraction for publishing the RSS feed to other portals.
o Multiple channel support.

Event portlet
o Simple  calendar style portlet for displaying upcoming events.
o The ability to upload a file for the event details. ie. Pdf brochure
o Registration process for attending the event (free or chargeable).
o Integration into a payment gateway. Receipt generation and audit based
  transactions.
o Full administration features to add/remove/update event details.

Poll portlet
o Vote style portlet
o Graph results.
o Full administration features to add/remove/update questions and answers.

Search Engine portlet
o Portlet style integration of ht://Dig www.htdig.org
o Indexes all uploaded files

Custom news feed portlet
o Parse a selected web site and convert the HTML content into RSS
o Integration of JTidy
o A servlet abstraction for publishing the RSS feed to other portals.

Headline portlet
o Headline style portlet containing a text caption, image and a link to the
  full story.
o Full administration features to add/remove/update headlines
o The ability to upload a file for the story or link to an existing event or
  news item.

Other features of the portal include:
o Auto logon (cookie detection)
o Administration management portlet.
o Ability to restricted access for members only.  The ability to upload a
  membership file.
o Tested on Sybase and Postgresql.

We are now in the final stages of development. Upon completion we will cycle
the new portlets back into the Jetspeed framework.

Tate Jones
tate@pisoftware.com

Project Manager
Plugged In Software
Australia

RE: Jetspeed in production

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> <http://staff.pisoftware.com/tom/publications/ieaustportal/index.html>

Nice work!

> We are now in the final stages of development. Upon
> completion we will cycle
> the new portlets back into the Jetspeed framework.

I look forward to it

- david