Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by "Brian Dillon (ext. 944)" <Br...@FINEOS.com> on 2005/12/21 18:41:21 UTC

Invocing the TX Service without using WSDL ?

Hi,

I have got a simple sample client working with Knadula using the WSDL
generators etc. However our existing code does not use WSDL generation when
sending Axis requests and instead build up the request using;

        org.apache.axis.client.Call soapSrv =
getSOAPService(getServiceProperties().getServiceName());
        soapSrv.setOperationName(new QName(soapSrvName,"testTransactionOp")
);

        soapSrv.addParameter("name",new QName("xsd:string"),
            javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
        soapSrv.addParameter("requestContext",
            new QName("ta:RequestContext"),javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
        soapSrv.setReturnType(new QName("xsd:string"));

        String retValue =(String) soapSrv.invoke(new Object[] {name,
requestContext});

This however results in the service code not knowing the transaction. I.e.
when the invocation arrives the below call returns null;

	Transaction tx= txMgr.getTransaction();

>From looking at the SOAP message it appears that I am missing the
coordination context. I presume I should be adding this on to the
axis.client.Call object using something like

        soapSrv.addParameterAsHeader(...)

Is this correct ? Is there any sample that invocats a transacted service
like this ?

Thanks,

Brian

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be
privileged and is intended only for the user of the recipient named above.
If you are not the intended recipient or a representative of the intended
recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy, use
or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anybody else.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received.
This e-mail has been swept for computer viruses.  However, you should
carry out your own virus checks.
Registered in Ireland, No. 205721.  http://www.FINEOS.com