Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sunhild Copony <su...@inovit.de> on 2001/12/12 12:43:26 UTC

Network error with -SSL-

Hi,

my app is running fine on Solaris.
Now I have  a first try on SuSE 7.2.
Everything is fine when I'm using non-ssl connection. With ssl I get the
following:

Netscape:Error
A network error occured while Netscape was receiving data. (Connection
reset by peer)
Try connecting again.

I'm using Tomcat 4.01 stand allone.
I cann't see anything in Tomcat-logs...

Maybe anyone has an idea where to look, I'm completely stuck!

Thx a lot,
Sunny

Re: Network error with -SSL-

Posted by "David E. Bruce" <mr...@uark.edu>.
I'm having this same problem!  My problem started when I got a verisign
certificate.  I was working fine with a self-signed cert.
I used OpenSSL to create the csr, and then imported the certificate with
keytool -import -alias tomcat -file mycert.crt
On the PC I get the same Network Error, but on Mac OS X running IE 5.1 I
get:
Security Failure.  The server reply is invalid.
Nothing seems wrong in the logs.  Anyone have any ideas on this one?
Thanks,

David Bruce
Network Services
Computing Service