Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Joel Marks <jo...@workiva.com> on 2015/12/18 16:36:51 UTC

If you convert XML to string READ THIS!!!

I want to make everyone aware of a bug that Adobe is saying is in Chrome.
If you use xml.toXMLString() or xml.toString() or String(xml) there is a
possibility that your xml is going to be clipped for users that are on 32
bit Chrome on Windows.

If you want more information you can refer to the Chrome bug ticket
<https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=570776> we have
created.

After looping 5000 times over xml that has 100 nodes with 100 attributes of
130 characters it failed 190 times and every time passed after doing
another .toXMLString()

Here <https://gist.github.com/anonymous/191a19686e7b4acfcdab> is how we are
fixing it (Spoiler: We just retry)

Re: If you convert XML to string READ THIS!!!

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel,

I should have read your post better when I first saw it. We’re having the same trouble.

FWIW, a try/catch to convert the XML string back to XML should work as a cheap check that the conversion worked.

Harbs