Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Derek Dagit <da...@apache.org> on 2020/07/01 02:26:29 UTC

Re: DigestSaslTransportPlugin hardcode "localhost" server

Yes, it probably could be considered a bug.

As we were adding authentication and authorization to the project, we
did so for Thrift servers via these plugins. Our team was soon after
required to use Kerberos/SASL because of production environment and
security constraints. So we moved on using the Kerberos plugin
exclusively.

I imagine—but I do not specifically recall—that Andy did test
successfully at the time using a non-production environment—possibly
even with the client and server both on the same 'localhost'. The
intention with these plugins was always that they could be configured in
a production environment, and so it seems to me that this value could be
made configurable rather than hard-coded.

--
Derek