Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2003/08/11 10:26:06 UTC

RE: [Chainsaw] Change TableModel to store original LoggingEvent?

At 09:49 AM 8/8/2003 -0700, Scott Deboy wrote:

>I really want LogPanel to be independent.  It'd be great to be able to
>take LogPanel and turn it into an eclipse plugin, which would also
>facilitate people's interest in embedding LogPanel in standalone apps,
>etc.

That is a great idea but doesn't Eclipse use its own graphical API instead
of Swing?

--
Ceki For log4j documentation consider "The complete log4j manual"

RE: [Chainsaw] Change TableModel to store original LoggingEvent?

Posted by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au>.
On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 18:26, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> At 09:49 AM 8/8/2003 -0700, Scott Deboy wrote:
>
> >I really want LogPanel to be independent.  It'd be great to be able to
> >take LogPanel and turn it into an eclipse plugin, which would also
> >facilitate people's interest in embedding LogPanel in standalone apps,
> >etc.
>
> That is a great idea but doesn't Eclipse use its own graphical API instead
> of Swing?

Yes, but that's ok, I think.  By that I mean that we'll have to write
some Eclipse/SWT specific code, but it's all still running on a JDK in
the background, so swing is available.  The Jalopy plugin for Eclipse
(awesome) by the looks of it is all Swing for the GUI, but they've
clearly integrated some hooks etc into the Eclipse framework.

We might have to refactor a bit of Chainsaw, or even write more classes,
but I do think it's a useful venture to make a Chainsaw Eclipse View.

cheers,

Paul