Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dakota Jack <cr...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/31 15:13:46 UTC

DiskFileUpload

Why does the DiskFileUpload use the DefaultFileItemFactory instead of
the DiskFileItemFactory in commons fileupload?

~Native Proverb~

Re: DiskFileUpload

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 06:13:46 -0800, Dakota Jack <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why does the DiskFileUpload use the DefaultFileItemFactory instead of
> the DiskFileItemFactory in commons fileupload?

I assume you're referring to the changes I made last night. Glad to
see someone's on the ball. ;-)

The reason is backwards compatibility. I'm trying to make some
fundamental changes but not break people's apps while I'm at it. If
someone is using DiskFileUpload today, they could be casting FileItem
instances back to DefaultFileItem instances, and that would break if
DiskFileUpload is used instead.

The plan is that, beyond FileUpload 1.1, DiskFileUpload and
DefaultFileItem (and its factory) will go away, and we'll have a more
rational set of classes to work with.

--
Martin Cooper