Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by PSA <po...@posom.com> on 2000/02/15 22:48:50 UTC

Statically linked mod_jserv

We've been trying, so far without success, to compile mod_jserv into
apache to use with Tomcat.  We don't want dso support compiled into
Apache for a number of reasons and would rather have mod_jserv
statically linked.

Can anyone help us with instructions on how to do this, or point me to
whatever documentation du jour contains this information?  I have been
following this list since before Sun released the code and we are very
familiar with Apache compilation issues.

Thank you

Paul Anguiano

Re: Statically linked mod_jserv

Posted by Gary Yang <yg...@yahoo.com>.
PSA wrote:

> We've been trying, so far without success, to compile mod_jserv into
> apache to use with Tomcat.  We don't want dso support compiled into
> Apache for a number of reasons and would rather have mod_jserv
> statically linked.
>
> Can anyone help us with instructions on how to do this, or point me to
> whatever documentation du jour contains this information?  I have been
> following this list since before Sun released the code and we are very
> familiar with Apache compilation issues.
>
> Thank you
>
> Paul Anguiano

1. Copy JServ source files to your Apache diretory
cp -a $JAKARTA_SRC/src/native/apache/jserv $APACHE_SRC/src/modules
2. Add following line to $APACHE_SRC/src/Configuration.tmpl :
AddModule modules/jserv/mod_jserv.o
3. Modify $APACHE_SRC/src/modules/jserv/Makefile.tmpl from

LIB=libjserv.a

all: ${LIB}

${LIB}:
 ${RANLIB} $@

clean:

to:

OBJS=mod_jserv.o jserv_ajpv11.o jserv_ajpv12.o jserv_balance.o
jserv_image.o \
    jserv_mmap.o jserv_protocols.o jserv_status.o jserv_utils.o
jserv_watchdog.o \
    jserv_wrapper.o jserv_wrapper_unix.o
LIB=libjserv.a

all: ${LIB}

${LIB}: ${OBJS}
        rm -f $@
        ar cr $@ ${OBJS}
        ${RANLIB} $@
.c.o:
        $(CC) -c $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) $<

clean:
        rm -f $(LIB) $(OBJS)

4. run configure; make; make install........