Posted to user@usergrid.apache.org by Jaskaran Singh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 10:36:30 UTC

Usergrid Hector Error: Unable to update some entities of a custom collection in the BAAS

Hi,

We are also facing an issue in the usergrid 1.0 branch.
Some entities in my custom collection, cannot be updated.

Initially all update operations work well, but then updating certain
entities fails with a hector message:
"me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HectorException","error_description":"All
host pools marked down. Retry burden pushed out to client."

I have restarted usergrid and cassandra without any luck.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Additional Notes:
I am not able to delete these specific entities via the usergrid portal.

Thanks
Jaskaran

Re: Usergrid Hector Error: Unable to update some entities of a custom collection in the BAAS

Posted by Jaskaran Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. We're still in development phase, and have been
running a single node cassandra cluster. Let me know if this could be the
problem?

Regarding connections to Cassandra - note this error is specific to a
particular entity of a collection (custom). We do not face any problem with
any other entities in that collection or any other collection.

Furthermore this problem seems to be related to some type of a data-lock
(even though the error indicates a connection issue) - I say this because
I'm able to READ the entity without any problem and all other functions of
the system work fine (including other entities in the same collection).

Finally, this is not a one-off issue for us. The problem is intermittent
and we encountered it a few times in the past (see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/usergrid/6fBgpb3P5C0). The
resolution/workaround for us has been to just create a fresh record/entity
as a replacement (and remap the relationships).

The entity which has this problem (i.e. cannot be updated) can never be
updated/deleted in-spite of full system restarts / resets.

I'm happy to provide any additional information you need
(logs/JSONs/configs) to try and understand this issue.
Look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks alot for the help.
Jaskaran

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.