Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/08 06:35:57 UTC

Please have patient to wait for all Travis-CI passed before you merge PRs.

Hi,

I notice there were several PRs that did not pass the Travis-CI test but be
merged...

Maybe some errors can be ignored, but please pay attention to each error
that Travis-CI reports...

If you really want to merge a PR that is not passed by Travis-CI, please
leave a message on the PR to let others know. And, I'd like to share a
screenshot  [1] to you and the sentence: "*You should only continue if you
are sure of what you are doing*"...

Besides, I think we need to keep the rule that a PR can be merged only
after at least one Committer approved.

[1]
https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/firefox-about-config-warning.png

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Please have patient to wait for all Travis-CI passed before you merge PRs.

Posted by atoildw <at...@163.com>.
hi,

Maybe we need to sort it out as an instruction manual.
On 04/08/2020 16:30, Xin Wang wrote:
Thanks Xiangdong, good tip for everyone.

- Xin

Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月8日周三 下午2:36写道:

> Hi,
>
> I notice there were several PRs that did not pass the Travis-CI test but be
> merged...
>
> Maybe some errors can be ignored, but please pay attention to each error
> that Travis-CI reports...
>
> If you really want to merge a PR that is not passed by Travis-CI, please
> leave a message on the PR to let others know. And, I'd like to share a
> screenshot  [1] to you and the sentence: "*You should only continue if you
> are sure of what you are doing*"...
>
> Besides, I think we need to keep the rule that a PR can be merged only
> after at least one Committer approved.
>
> [1]
>
> https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/firefox-about-config-warning.png
>
> Best,
> -----------------------------------
> Xiangdong Huang
> School of Software, Tsinghua University
>
>  黄向东
> 清华大学 软件学院

Xin

Re: Please have patient to wait for all Travis-CI passed before you merge PRs.

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Xiangdong, good tip for everyone.

- Xin

Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月8日周三 下午2:36写道:

> Hi,
>
> I notice there were several PRs that did not pass the Travis-CI test but be
> merged...
>
> Maybe some errors can be ignored, but please pay attention to each error
> that Travis-CI reports...
>
> If you really want to merge a PR that is not passed by Travis-CI, please
> leave a message on the PR to let others know. And, I'd like to share a
> screenshot  [1] to you and the sentence: "*You should only continue if you
> are sure of what you are doing*"...
>
> Besides, I think we need to keep the rule that a PR can be merged only
> after at least one Committer approved.
>
> [1]
>
> https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/firefox-about-config-warning.png
>
> Best,