Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Lance Leverich <La...@DigitalEvergreen.com> on 2005/02/01 23:00:09 UTC

Connection timeouts

Hello Fellow Slide Users,
I am currently attempting to copy a large number of directories,
subdirectories and files from a local file-system to a remote JDBC
store.  The problem that I am encountering is the large number of
IOExceptions that are received, with the explanation of connection
timeout.

My question(s)...
1. Is this something that is encountered often when using a JDBC store?
I have not seen a similar issue with timeouts when using a file store.

2. Is there a setting on the app-server (I am using Tomcat 4.1.30) that
might be affecting this?

3. It appears that the time from start of command to timeout is 20
seconds, but the timeout values that I have in my domain.xml are set to
120 seconds.  Is there another place for me to look?

Thanks,
Lance Leverich