Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Hilel Lichtig <hi...@orsus.com> on 2001/10/12 23:35:14 UTC

Using a stylesheet file to transform an XML source file into an o utput file

Hi,

I found an example for in the following URL.

http://heechee.osc.edu:7180/xalan-docs/usagepatterns.html
<http://heechee.osc.edu:7180/xalan-docs/usagepatterns.html>

I downloaded xalan_1_0_1 and I'm using both xalan.jar and Xerces.jar from
there.
The code compiles but when I try to run it I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM.<init>(DTM.java:222)
	at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(DTMLiaison.java:197)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(XSLTEngineImpl.j
ava:838)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:552)
	at XMLRun.execute(test.java:85)
	at test.main(test.java:102)
I have tried different version of xalan and Xerces and no luck, the 1_0_1 is
the recommended version.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,
Hilel Lichtig