Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/16 06:52:32 UTC

[GSOC] XPath implementation

Hi Varuna,

Didn't herd from you for a while. What is the status of the XPath
implementation. Are you catching up with Axis2/C and specially with Axiom/C.
I hope everything is going smoothly in the XPath implementation.

XPath is a very important component for Axis2/C as well as other modules
like Rampart/C which depends on Axis2/C. So it is important we come up with
a good implementation of XPath.

Also if you have done any coding feel free to upload them to a Jira so we
can look at them and give you feedback.

Regards,
Supun.

Re: XPath implementation

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Varuna,

Glad to here from you and seems like you are on the right track.

You can find a Jira created for XPath implementation here [1]. You should
create an user account in http://issues.apache.org/jira which is the bug
tracking system for Axis2/C. Then you can attach your source files to the
issue [1]. Ideally you should attach patches to the Jira. But since you
don't have a permanent place for the implementation and it is in the initial
stages I suggest you just attach the plain text (.c and .h) files there.
Later you can create patches and attach to the Jira.

Supun..

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-595

Re: XPath implementation

Posted by Varuna Jayasiri <vp...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Sorry about not giving updates on the progress :P.

I've been going through the libxml xpath implementation and the axiom api
and a few research papers about streaming XPath.

There was a meeting with Mr. Sanjeewa and he wanted to implement a streaming
XPath engine, which was kind of new to me, and I've been looking into that
in the past week. There was also a problem whether AXIOM lets you access
messages without building the tree (without caching), I've been discussing
about this with my mentor.

Yes, I've done some coding - a little just to evaluate very simple
expressions like *parent/child/*, parent/child*. I just coded it to
familiarize myself with Axis2/C. Can you please tell me how to upload it to
JIRA?

Thanks

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:11 AM, <jz...@ximpleware.com> wrote:

> FYI, VTD-XML's XPath implementation may be a good referece point
> Supun Kamburugamuva writes:
>
>> Hi Varuna,
>> Didn't herd from you for a while. What is the status of the XPath
>> implementation. Are you catching up with Axis2/C and specially with
>> Axiom/C.
>> I hope everything is going smoothly in the XPath implementation.
>> XPath is a very important component for Axis2/C as well as other modules
>> like Rampart/C which depends on Axis2/C. So it is important we come up
>> with
>> a good implementation of XPath.
>> Also if you have done any coding feel free to upload them to a Jira so we
>> can look at them and give you feedback.
>> Regards,
>> Supun.

Varuna
www.xvpj.net

Re: XPath implementation

Posted by jz...@ximpleware.com.

Re: [GSOC] XPath implementation

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Varuna,

"Supun Kamburugamuva" <su...@gmail.com> writes:
> Also if you have done any coding feel free to upload them to a Jira so we can
> look at them and give you feedback.

When we were doing Gsoc-2005, we used to update a wiki on weekly basis
[1], I think that would very good thing to track your progress. I
would suggest at least for Axis2/C gsocers to do your weekly updates
there. I think [2] is the right place to start with.

thanks,
Dinesh

1.http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SummerOfCode/2005
2.http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SummerOfCode/2008