Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Hoang Uong <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/30 23:55:45 UTC

Newbie needs help

Hi,
   I have Win-XP, I di the following steps:
   1. install Apache2.0
      it works fine
   2. install mod_perl-2 from theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca
      it works fine on Apache
   3. install embperl
      the installation went fine
      I edit httpd.conf and add just a single line:
      Perlmodule HTML::Embperl
      Now, invoke Apache, I have error:
It looks for Apachecore.dll - I search the whole
disk and can not find one.
      I also have error:
can not load c:/.../Embperl.dll - load_file: the
module could not be found at c:/.../DynaLoader.pm

Please, help.

Thanks,
Hoang

Re: Newbie needs help

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> The Embperl package, assuming it came from our repository, was
> compiled against mod_perl-1 (ApacheCore.dll is from Apache-1). I
> have tried compiling against mod_perl-2 on Win32, but ran into
> some problems that other folks have also encountered. I believe
> that getting Embperl to work on Apache-2 is one of Gerald's
> higher priorities ..

The problem with Apache 2 on Windows is that it only works in threaded mode
and Embperl isn't quite ready for real threads right now, also I have done
some work in this direction and hope to continue this soon...

Gerald

Re: Newbie needs help

Posted by Hoang Uong <ho...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
    Thanks very much. Every thing is working now.
    I greatly appreciate all of you for the help.

Hoang

Re: Newbie needs help

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.