Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2002/10/23 14:16:09 UTC

[sql] diff between JDBCMetaData and MetaDataReader?

Hi all,

I am trying to move forward with decoupling the metadata and the xml
representation of that metadata for the SQL package.  I have attached a
patch that makes the code at least compile.  However, I was getting ready to
write a testcase, and noticed that for all intents and purposes,
io/MetaDataReader.java and datamodel/JDBCMetaData.java seem the same!  So
which one is going to be sticking around? I notice the ant task uses the
datamodel/JDBCMetaData.java class.  Or am I missing something?

Eric Pugh