Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/11/15 04:15:15 UTC

[VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.8 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 11/17/2014

​​​The 3rd HBase 0.98.8 release candidate (RC2) is available for download
at http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.8RC2/ and Maven artifacts are
also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1046/

We are behind schedule for this release so let's do a 72 hour release vote.

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12327955

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on ​November ​17​ ​on whether or not we should release this as​
​0.98.8. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.8 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 11/17/2014

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Built
Ran test and some IT tests for security
Random shell commands..
Looks good

-Anoop-

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1
Tested it on an internal cluster with ITTBL

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
+1
- using various build close to 0.98.8 all the time (for profiling, etc)
Specifically for this release:
- downloaded hadoop2-bin, and -src- inspected the tarballs
- ran in local mode and with a single node HDFS "cluster"- tested various parts, put, scan, flush, compactions, KEEP_DELETED_CELLS, etc, etc
All good.
-- Lars

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With 5 +1 votes and no +/-0 or -1 votes this vote passes and RC2 is 0.98.8.
I have pushed the binary artifacts for distribution and will send a release
announcement once they've arrived at the mirrors.

Thank you to all who tested and voted on the RC.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)