Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2018/05/25 20:45:14 UTC

Sitemap URL's concatenated, causing status 14 not found

Hello,

We have a sitemap.xml pointing to further sitemaps. The XML seems fine, but Nutch things those two sitemap URL's are actually one consisting of both concatenated.

Here is https://www.saxion.nl/sitemap.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ns2:sitemapindex xmlns:ns2="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
<sitemap>
<loc>https://www.saxion.nl/opleidingen-sitemap.xml</loc>
<loc>https://www.saxion.nl/content-sitemap.xml</loc>
</sitemap>
</ns2:sitemapindex>

This seems fine, but Nutch attempts, and obviously fails to load:

2018-05-25 16:27:50,515 ERROR [Thread-30] org.apache.nutch.util.SitemapProcessor: Error while fetching the sitemap. Status code: 14 for https://www.saxion.nl/opleidingen-sitemap.xmlhttps://www.saxion.nl/content-sitemap.xml

What is going on here? Why does Nutch, or CC's sitemap util behave like this?

Thanks,
Markus

Re: Sitemap URL's concatenated, causing status 14 not found

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
> I agree that the this is not the ideal error behaviour, but I guess the code was written from the
assumption that the document is valid and conformant.

Over time the crawler-commons sitemap parser has been extended to get as much as possible from
non-conforming sitemaps as well. Of course, it's hard to foresee and handle all possible mistakes...
The equivalent syntax error for sitemaps (missing closing/next <url> in <urlset> is handled.

@Markus: Please open an issue for crawler-commons
  https://github.com/crawler-commons/crawler-commons/issues/

Thanks,
Sebastian