Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/03/30 23:44:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r390246 [1/15] ...

Wow.  This patch touched lots of files to fix spelling mistakes, and the
commit fell foul of the EOL diff problem being discussed elsewhere.

Hand-on-heart, I looked at every incoming change and swear that they are
simple typo fixes in comments and a few error strings.
I know that nobody can figure that out from the commit messages.

Regards,
Tim

tellison@apache.org wrote:
> Author: tellison
> Date: Thu Mar 30 13:34:23 2006
> New Revision: 390246

> Log:
> Fix for HARMONY-252 (trivial typo fixes)
>
> Modified:

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: svn commit: r390246 [1/15] ...

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Thanks for the notice, that's a Good Thing to Get Right.

There's some scripts somewhere IIRC that can handle setting
eol-style on a big tree. Basically it must be along the lines of

find . -name '*.java' -not -path '*svn*' -exec native_eol {} && svn propset svn:eol-style native {} ;

with native_eol being \r?\n --> \n search-replace. If I had a harmony tree
checked out here I could probably get it done rather quickly. Maybe its in
the contrib tree for the subversion svn repository.

LSD

Re: svn commit: r390246 [1/15] ...

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
I was going to say...

I figure this will go away when we get eol: fixed...

geir

Re: svn commit: r390246 [1/15] ...

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Wow.  This patch touched lots of files to fix spelling mistakes, and the
>> commit fell foul of the EOL diff problem being discussed elsewhere.
>>
>> Hand-on-heart, I looked at every incoming change and swear that they are
>> simple typo fixes in comments and a few error strings.
>> I know that nobody can figure that out from the commit messages.
>
> Interesting.. so you are using a tool (Eclipse?) that shows a different
> "pending diff" that "svn diff" does?

Yep -- I tend to use both subclipse with the Eclipse patch tool and
command-line svn with the tortoiseSVN patch tool.  In each case the
pending diff looks right.  I can only assume that the EOLs have been
changed when I got the files.

Regards,
Tim

Re: svn commit: r390246 [1/15] ...

Posted by Archie Cobbs <ar...@dellroad.org>.
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Wow.  This patch touched lots of files to fix spelling mistakes, and the
> commit fell foul of the EOL diff problem being discussed elsewhere.
>
> Hand-on-heart, I looked at every incoming change and swear that they are
> simple typo fixes in comments and a few error strings.
> I know that nobody can figure that out from the commit messages.

Interesting.. so you are using a tool (Eclipse?) that shows a different
"pending diff" that "svn diff" does?

-Archie