Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by khmadhu <kh...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/20 02:22:33 UTC

Set auto creation Users default permissions

Hi,

Can we assign default permissions to the new user that was created by the
auto creation method?
If there is no such feature, how can we do it?.

--
Thanks & Regards
Madhu

Re: Set auto creation Users default permissions

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 8:42 AM khmadhu <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I am using LDAP login for users, after searching in  guacamole docs here https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html#connections-and-parameters  I could find only connection parameters for a user, but what is the syntax for adding permissions into LDAP group?.
>
> Is the LDIF below correct?, where are the docs for this?.
>
> dn: cn=mygroup,ou=groups,dc=mycompany,dc=com
> changetype: modify
> add: guacPermission
> guacPermission: connection
> guacPermission: CREATE_CONNECTION

I do not believe that guacPermission is a valid LDAP attribute, at
least not one that has any meaning to the Guacamole Client. To assign
permissions to a LDAP group, you would just create a group in the JDBC
module that has the same name as the LDAP group and assign it the
permissions. Then, any users who are members of that group should
inherit that permission.

-Nick

Re: Set auto creation Users default permissions

Posted by khmadhu <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

--
Thanks & Regards
Madhusudan

Re: Set auto creation Users default permissions

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.