Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/11/19 05:43:59 UTC

New Maven integration for Eclipse project proposed to the Eclipse Foundation

Hi all,

I'm proud to say that a new project proposal has been approved at the
Eclipse Foundation to add Maven integration into the Eclipse IDE as an
official Eclipse project.
The proposal is called Eclipse Integration for Apache Maven (Eclipse
IAM) http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/iam/ and is the first step to
become a project. It's based in the work taking place in Q4E
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/

Over the next month discussions about the creation will happen in the
newsgroup at
server: news.eclipse.org
group: eclipse.technology.iam
or at http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.technology.iam

The discussions will have as objective gathering the community
interested in having the project in the Eclipse Foundation and finding
two mentors from the Eclipse Architecture Council
http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/council.php#architecture

When ready, we can go through the creation review process.

If you are interested, please join the newsgroup as community interest
is crucial for the proposal to become a project.

Thanks

Re: New Maven integration for Eclipse project proposed to the Eclipse Foundation

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
btw to use the newsgroup you need to register at
http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/register.php

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.