Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/11 16:43:16 UTC

Real world example of TCK have's vs have-not's

FWIW, http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=555276

Re: Real world example of TCK have's vs have-not's

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
On 7/14/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the only person who can be the gatekeeper to this mailing list
> is the VP of JCP who knows who has signed the NDA. Operational issue..

Operational issues can be addressed.  Any ASF member can review:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/foundation/Correspondence/JCP/tck-nda-list.txt

- Sam Ruby

Re: Real world example of TCK have's vs have-not's

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Well, the only person who can be the gatekeeper to this mailing list
is the VP of JCP who knows who has signed the NDA. Operational issue..

-- dims

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I definitely would love to have such a list regardless of the final
outcome on NDAs.  If we decide we are fine with keeping the NDAs, the
list can be private to the NDA signer's list, or if we decide that
NDAs are no longer needed, a public list.  Either way, it would be
nice to have a place to share experiences with using the TCKs.

-dain

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
I agree. And it sounds like Geir's understanding of the TCK NDA would
solve this issue (assuming that the spec lead agreed with Geir's
interpretation). Is Sun the spec lead here?

Craig

On Jul 11, 2007, at 4:25 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I think this is a classic example.  The community has the choice to
> change the implementation, challenge the test, or both.  Which path
> to pick isn't clean and needs to be discussed and only the NDA
> signers can be involved in the discussion.  You can argue that it
> is an easy decision in this case (which may be the case), but in my
> opinion, the larger community should be able to participate.
>
> -dain
>
> On Jul 11, 2007, at 3:47 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> AIUI - this test should be appealed, which means access to the TCK
>> process
>> (although the committer notes that there is a small efficiency to
>> be gained,
>> anyways.)
>>
>> Henri Yandell wrote:
>>> All I'm seeing here is that someone is committing a fix based on
>>> a TCK
>>> test. Where's the have not?

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Real world example of TCK have's vs have-not's

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Yep!! Thanks Dain.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.