Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Joseph A. Rank" <jo...@trapdoor.net> on 2000/11/10 06:57:55 UTC

bogus build.bat messages

Quite new to servlets, Tomcat, Ant, et. al.

I have Tomcat 3.1 running on Win98, and have tried to step through the
suggested development process in the appdev documentation.

I am hitting two snags. First, when I run build.bat on my little
homegrown HeyWorld servlet, the following output is produced:

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache\jakarta-tomcat\work\prac\heyworld
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 1 source files to
C:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\Apache\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\heyworld\WEB-INF\classes
Performing a Modern Compile
Completed in 1 seconds

But when I look in webapps\heyworld\WEB-INF\classes, nothing is there. I
am also getting the setDescription() error when I try to start up
Tomcat, so I commented out all descriptions in web.xml, and now I'm just
getting a "cannot load servlet" as the last line of the Tomcat startup
output.

Any guidance would sure be appreciated.

-Joe
--
Joe Rank
Internet Applications Developer

Re: bogus build.bat messages

Posted by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org>.
>Performing a Modern Compile

This is a problem with Ant, you'll need to get the new version of
Tomcat 3.2b6 which has an updated version of Ant to fix this. Or
you could just get a newer version of Ant.

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML