Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by 阿根廷拉 <48...@qq.com> on 2019/12/09 13:46:38 UTC

回复: [Proposal] Improve CI / CD process

Which CI tool to choose, Is the CI locally built&nbsp;or the public network built&nbsp;?

From: Xiaochun Liu <liuxiaochun@apache.org&gt;
Date: Mon,Dec 9,2019 8:47 PM
To: dev <dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&gt;
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Improve CI / CD process

Hi,
&nbsp; all, the CI / CD process in DolphinScheduler only has build check and license check. The other parts are missing now.

Here is my proposal:
The overall idea of ​​CI / CD is shown in the following graph. There are two main triggering methods, submitting PR / MR trigger and night time trigger. The night time trigger triggers to run once a day, and the task is relatively heavy.

The content of CI / CD to be tested or checked is shown in the graph below.

The above is my overall thinking. The details of the CI / CD plan for the next version are as follows:
&nbsp; 1) The ut needs to be improved. The goal of the proportion of UT is to reach 60%. At least the newly added PR cannot be lower than this. If it feels unreasonable, we can vote to discuss it. The modules involved in this supplementary UT are api server, common, alert, and some master and worker UTs.
&nbsp; 2) checkstyle check, there are two kinds of google and Alibaba, personal preference is alibaba (more comprehensive), this can be discussed separately
&nbsp; 3) spotbugs check
&nbsp; 4) Front-end eslint check
&nbsp; 5) Coveralls code coverage report. When submitting a PR, it will be automatically displayed in the comments, showing the impact of the new part on the current code coverage, and the current test coverage will be displayed on the github home page.

If have other ideas, we can discuss together ~~ Thank you

 Xiaochun Liu
liuxiaochun@apache.org

Re: Re: [Proposal] Improve CI / CD process

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
I think you should not do this kind of mock, it is pointless.
This is why e2e or integration tests existing. You need to verify data in
the database or through your query API.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

qiao zhanwei <qi...@outlook.com> 于2019年12月11日周三 上午10:45写道: