Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by ra...@tcs.com on 2005/10/25 12:56:59 UTC

Problems with creating new groups in Apache Lenya

Hi,
I've started using apache lenya 1.2.4 recently.

1.  Whenever I create a new group under default publication and create a
new user under that group,  they are shown in the "Users" and "Groups".
But i'm not able to login to the publication using the same user name.

2.  And also there is no effect and means to assign access rights to any
content, hence is as good as creating an useless group that have no
control over what the member of this newly created group can access.

Thanks,
 Rahul.

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

Re: Problems with creating new groups in Apache Lenya

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 10/25/05, rahul.manavi@tcs.com <ra...@tcs.com> wrote:
> I've started using apache lenya 1.2.4 recently.
> 1.  Whenever I create a new group under default publication and create a new user under that group,  they are shown in the "Users" and "Groups". But i'm not able to login to the publication using the same user name.
>
>  2.  And also there is no effect and means to assign access rights to any content, hence is as good as creating an useless group that have no control over what the member of this newly created group can access.

1. Two ideas:
- Do the users work after restarting Lenya?  That would imply a caching issue.
- Check the file:
{pub}\config\ac\ac.xconf
The full path to the "ac" directories are hardcoded there, so your pub
may be looking at the security for the "default" pub.  That file
should really use relative paths.  It is painful to need to remember
to change it every time a publication's directory name changes, such
as making copies for testing.

2. A hack for adding security to Lenya 1.2 is at:
http://solprovider.com/lenya/security
The devs state this has been fixed for Lenya 1.4.

solprovider