Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Samuel Åslund <sa...@update.uu.se> on 2019/12/02 10:25:35 UTC

[Studio] Weird error message?!

Hi all

I installed Apache Directory Studio right now and tried to connect it to
our OpenLDAP server. I have verified my credentials with phpLDAPadmin.
When I try to connect from Studio I get a "Problem Occurred" dialog with
the message:
*************************************
An internal error occurred during: "Open Connection".
org/apache/directory/api/i18n/I18n
*************************************

This looks to me like the actual error-message is not printed because of
a problem with the language handling.

When I run "Check authentication" in the connection configuration page I
get, first an empt "Error" dialog with details:
"*************************************
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"
*************************************
And then a popup "Check Authentication" saying "The authentication was
successful".

My Eclipse version:

Eclipse IDE for JavaScript and Web Developers

Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0)
Build id: 20190314-1200

I'm going to try updating it.

Can anyone give any advice?

Regards,
//Samuel

Re: [Studio] Weird error message?!

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Samuel,

I assume you attempt to install the Studio plugins int an Eclipse IDE,
right? Unfortunately the current release version of the plugins
(2.0.0-M14) won't work in a recent Eclipse version.

The only option is to download the standalone version (which is based on
a 1.5 years old version of Eclipse). There is also a snapshot build [1]
which is based on Eclipse 2019-03, but there is no update site
available, and it's not an official release.

For a proper release we have to wait for the release of the directory
server.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1]