Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Rajan Parthasarathy <Ra...@rapid7.com> on 2013/10/22 17:41:17 UTC

FELIX-3097 workaround?

Hi all,

We are running into some issues which we think stem from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3097. Could anyone suggest any workarounds?

In our specific scenario, Felix is running with a bundle called Collector Engine version 0.2.12.SNAPSHOT, which gets updated to 0.2.13.SNAPSHOT (through Resolver.deploy()). From gogo console, using the info command, I can see that the capabilities got updated properly:

Capabilities:
   {manifestversion=2, symbolicname=com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine, presentationname=Razor Collector Engine, version=0.2.13.SNAPSHOT}
   {package=com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine.util, uses:=com.fasterxml.jackson.core,com.fasterxml.jackson.databind, version=0.2.13.SNAPSHOT}

However, if I put a break point in my debugger (in ResolverImpl line 213) and look at the capabilities of the LocalResourceImpl object associated with the engine, I see this:
[bundle:{manifestversion=2, symbolicname=com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine, presentationname=Razor Collector Engine, version=0.2.12.SNAPSHOT}, package:{package=com.rapid7.razor.collector.engine.util, uses:=com.fasterxml.jackson.core,com.fasterxml.jackson.databind, version=0.2.12.SNAPSHOT}]

We think this is caused by the above bug. Due to this, Resolver.getRequiredResources() always returns the remote resource for the engine, even though it is already installed.

Is there any way we can work around this issue?

Thank you,
Raj
This electronic message contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by e-mail at (postmaster@rapid7.com) immediately.