Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2006/04/01 11:10:41 UTC

Re: xdoc DTD - Do we already have a PUBLIC identifier?

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 19:12 +0000, Lukas Theussl wrote:
> No, there is none. The DTD is currently only available in SVN, it was
> added in the 1.10 version of the maven-1 xdoc plugin which is not
> released yet. As such, it is still work in progress, so I don't know if
> it's a good idea to publish it at this point. However, as far as I'm
> concerned, the xdoc-1.10 plugin could be released very soon, we will
> consider your demand as soon as it's done (please remind us if we
> forget, I know you are good at that! ;) )

;-)

I've created MPXDOC-192, please make sure to resolve it before releasing
1.10

	Best regards
		Henning

> -Lukas
>

> Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I finally was able to make heads and tails of the xdoc DTD as included
> > in the maven 1 xdoc plugin (thanks a lot for this, Lukas & Arnaud!) . To
> > make XMLMind to automatically identify these files, we do need a DTD
> > public identifier. Do you already have one? Googling for this didn't
> > really help me here.
> >
> > If you don't have decided for an identifier, I'd like to propose:
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD XDOC 1.0//EN"
> >                           "http://www.apache.org/dtds/xdoc_1_0.dtd">
> >
> > as DTD identifier for the XDOC format. As I understand, we then must
> > make this DTD visible at the designated location, which needs
> > coordination with the infra people. However, putting it under
> > www.apache.org means, that the mirror system will pick up these DTDs.
> >
> > Any opinions? If you agree, you can take a look at
> > http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/EditXdocs
> >
> > to get my XMLMind hackery for actually editing xdocs (not just painfully
> > writing them... :-) ).
> >
> > 	Best regards
> > 		Henning

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia