Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com> on 2017/10/11 17:58:38 UTC

When to discuss in email thread, when to use a document, or wiki page, or other?

Lots of things are just too complicated to discuss and comment on in an email thread.

E.g., code. E.g., design documents.

We have a big backlog of design notes/specs to create. My immediate task is to start writing these and getting them into review.

How should I be creating these? Where should I be putting these?

I looked at Apache Spark - their wiki has been deprecated in favor of markdown files that live in the docs tree of their git repo. However, those pages are also published in presentation form on a web site, and that's not a interactive environment for messing with them.

Suggestions?

Re: When to discuss in email thread, when to use a document, or wiki page, or other?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I already gave you access since it was in the JIRA ticket.  Feel free to
add anyone else.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Tayor, Mike,

You should both have write access to the wiki now.

- Steve

--
-Taylor Wise

Re: When to discuss in email thread, when to use a document, or wiki page, or other?

Posted by Taylor Wise <tw...@gmail.com>.
VTGuy08 in JIRA

--
-Taylor Wise

Re: When to discuss in email thread, when to use a document, or wiki page, or other?

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Thompson <dt...@tresys.com>.
Steve,

Signed up for Confluence and JIRA accounts with user name dfthompson for both.

Got confirmation email back for JIRA signup but not the Confluence.

Dave

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.