Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/20 23:46:35 UTC

app package building

We may at some point want to download app tarballs via a script so we can
automate the building of app packages.  I previously though this would be
messy because a download link such as [1] just takes you to an html page
listing mirrors as links.  However, I just learned about [2], which
provides a list of mirrors in JSON format.  This would make scripting the
creation of the HBase app package easier, though I'm still not sure if we
want to go that route or not.

[1]:
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/accumulo/1.6.0/accumulo-1.6.0-bin.tar.gz
[2]: http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi?asjson=1

Re: app package building

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
that's cute...though I'd like to have a build where the path to the
binaries could also be served up locally.

we may just want a build.properties entry to specify the path/URL to a
file, and fetch it. I don't know how to do gets in mvn, though in Ant it's
trivial...

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE