Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by dj69 <dj...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/09 23:42:28 UTC

Re: [Solved] problem with tomahawk 1.1.5 tree2

Satish,

I'm not familiar with Jdeveloper but under Websphere/RAD I've had to deal
with a similar issue.  There's two issues to solve.

The first is making sure that only one jsf implementation is available or
making sure the one you want to use is available FIRST.  If you're okay with
using the RI, then leave out the myfaces implementation.  If you want to use
myfaces, remove the RI version.  If you can't remove the RI, then you need
to change the classloader to give precedence (load first) the modules that
you want to use.  With websphere this involves assiging "parent last" (same
as "child first") to the module loader.  Changing the classloader order will
not get rid of the "Both are on your classpath" error, but you'll be able to
ignore the error at this point.

The second problem you're having is that some exception is being thrown and
you're not going to see it on the web page.  You need to look for the
exception in your debug console.  While you're there, make sure any other
references you're seeing to faces classes start with the package you're
trying to use (like org.apache.myfaces for myfaces or com.sun.faces if
you're using the reference implementation).

There are some other subtleties to deal with under Websphere but my
understanding is that they are not issues under tomcat and other servers.

Good luck,
dj