Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/12 09:45:45 UTC

Doubts regarding the TOMCAT url

Hi all,

           It would be my great experience if you share your views in making
up the solution :

I am having an application running on my tomcat. And could run it like
http://10.30.330.45:8080/sample

When I am trying to run on the default port its saying "BIND EXCEPTION" and
I am sure I ve nothing running on port 80.

and also can anyone gimme a solution to display that
http://com.praveena.sample   (with out changing my DNS name)

Thank you in advance

--

-Coolest Regards,

Praveena Chalamcharla,

Re: Doubts regarding the TOMCAT url

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
My personal preference is to get jsvc from the commons-daemon project
(http://commons.apache.org/daemon/jsvc.html), build it, and then use it
to start and stop tomcat.  It runs as ROOT, captures the privileged
ports, and then spawns tomcat to run as an unprivileged user.

--David

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Great!!

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.