Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Daily, Jeff A" <je...@pnl.gov> on 2006/04/20 17:21:27 UTC

Error creating bean with name 'PlatformConfigurator'

I downloaded the latest source from svn, copied the
"build.properties.sample" file to "build.properties" inside my source
directory, changed the properties appropriately:
org.apache.jetspeed.project.home to where I had downloaded the source,
org.apache.server.home to my tomcat home, jetspeed.version to 2.1-dev,
and org.apache.jetspeed.genapp.* stuff to what I wanted.

I then ran maven initMavenPlugin, maven allBuild, maven
j2:start.production.server, and finally maven j2:quickStart.  All goes
well, minus some deprecated warnings during the build.

The jetspeed.war is placed into my tomcat5.5.16/webapps directory fine,
but trying to access it via localhost was throwing exceptions.

I viewed the logs, and the culprit appears to be
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException;
Error creating bean with name 'PlatformConfigurator' defined in
ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/boot/datasource.xml]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Could not get the
metadata from the given datasource

I looked at the datasource.xml file, but didn't know what I was looking
for.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeff Daily

Re: Error creating bean with name 'PlatformConfigurator'

Posted by Chandra Shekar <le...@yahoo.com>.
Daily, Jeff A <jeff.daily <at> pnl.gov> writes:

> I downloaded the latest source from svn, copied the
> "build.properties.sample" file to "build.properties" inside my source
> directory, changed the properties appropriately:
> org.apache.jetspeed.project.home to where I had downloaded the source,
> org.apache.server.home to my tomcat home, jetspeed.version to 2.1-dev,
> and org.apache.jetspeed.genapp.* stuff to what I wanted.
>
> I then ran maven initMavenPlugin, maven allBuild, maven
> j2:start.production.server, and finally maven j2:quickStart.  All goes
> well, minus some deprecated warnings during the build.
>
> The jetspeed.war is placed into my tomcat5.5.16/webapps directory fine,
> but trying to access it via localhost was throwing exceptions.
>
> I viewed the logs, and the culprit appears to be
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException;
> Error creating bean with name 'PlatformConfigurator' defined in
> ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/boot/datasource.xml]:
> Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
> org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Could not get the
> metadata from the given datasource
>
> I looked at the datasource.xml file, but didn't know what I was looking
> for.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Jeff Daily

Hey Jeff,
   I am a student trying to configure Jetspeed 2.0. but i ran into same kinda
error u got here except that Error creating bean with name "JetspeedDs" instead
of 'PlatformConfigurator' (i have followed the same instructions wat u
mentioned below). Could you please tell me how u cleared this error, if u have
already rectified it.

Thank you,
Chandra Shekar.