Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Atami Org." <in...@atami.org> on 2005/08/15 01:24:39 UTC

How do I ask instration problem of Mail-SpamAssassin ?

Dear;

I was join to this mailing list yesterday,
in order to just ask a question of installing of Mail-SpamAssassin.
I searched FAQ of SpamAssassin, but I cannot found the fix.
The FAQ page sujest "if more question, join to mailing list".

My question is simple.
Currect Mail-SpamAssassin (3.0.4) looks require perl 5.6.1.
However I like to install Mail-SpamAssassin at perl 5.005 environment.
How do I do ?

Eiji Hamano  info@atami.org

Re: How do I ask instration problem of Mail-SpamAssassin ?

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> My question is simple.
> Currect Mail-SpamAssassin (3.0.4) looks require perl 5.6.1.
> However I like to install Mail-SpamAssassin at perl 5.005 environment.
> How do I do ?

You do not.  You upgrade Perl to 5.6.1 or higher.

        Loren

Re: How do I ask instration problem of Mail-SpamAssassin ?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Atami Org." <in...@atami.org>

> Dear;
>
> I was join to this mailing list yesterday,
> in order to just ask a question of installing of Mail-SpamAssassin.
> I searched FAQ of SpamAssassin, but I cannot found the fix.
> The FAQ page sujest "if more question, join to mailing list".
>
> My question is simple.
> Currect Mail-SpamAssassin (3.0.4) looks require perl 5.6.1.
> However I like to install Mail-SpamAssassin at perl 5.005 environment.
> How do I do ?
>
> Eiji Hamano  info@atami.org

I'm afraid you will have to upgrade perl first. I don't think it is
possible to install on a perl that far back. If it is I'd be amused
to find that out.

{^_^}

Re: How do I ask instration problem of Mail-SpamAssassin ?

Posted by Richard Ozer <ro...@ois-online.com>.
Dont.

The documentation clearly states:
Required Perl Interpreter

Perl 5.6.1 or a later version is required.If it states "required" then why
would you even try to use 5.005?RO----- Original Message ----- rom: "Atami
Org." <in...@atami.org>