Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Day Reynolds, LennonX J" <le...@intel.com> on 2004/11/08 21:09:46 UTC

Hopefully an easy question

I'm working on a simple SOAP client using Axis C++ 1.3 on Windows,
consuming a .NET 1.1 hosted web service. Everything is being built in
VS.NET, and I compiled from sources, rather than using the binary
distribution, to insure debugging info was included in all the
libraries. My client code is using the WSDL2WS-generated stubs.

I've got everything going fine up to the point of an actual call, when
I'm getting an untraceable AxisTransportException somewhere in the Axis
core which I can't step through in the debugger, despite using the debug
libraries.

Tracing the HTTP transaction, I can see that the on-the-wire request and
response look fine. The exceptions come up at following point in each
auto-generated method wrapper:

if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->invoke()) { // <-- exception thrown here
}

The exception code is 38, a.k.a. "invalid string". As I said, nothing in
the actual server response seems out of place, so the this error code is
not something I expected. I can post a bit more code and/or example if
people need it; my hope is, however, that this is a simple configuration
issue that someone will have seen before. Any suggestions about where I
should be looking for the root cause of this exception?

Thanks,

Lennon Day-Reynolds
lennonx.j.day.reynolds@intel.com

Re: Hopefully an easy question

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi Lennon,

Can you post your "wsdl" file and the SOAP Request and the Response
which you see on the wire?

Roshan