Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Wong Liong Hung <wo...@embeddedwireless.com> on 2000/03/02 03:05:55 UTC

Problem setting up Tomcat to run with Apache

Hi,

When I followed the steps given in Tomcat+Apache HOWTO to setup Tomcat
to run with Apache, I failed.

These are the steps taken:
1. copy mod_jserv.so into /etc/httpd/modules
2. add "Include /usr/local/tomcat/etc/tomcat.conf" to the end of
httpd.conf
3. kill the httpd process and start it up using 'httpd' command.

I tried 2 version of mod_jserv.so. For the /v3.0/linux/mod_jserv.so,
I got following message after starting
up httpd.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

While using v3.1_m1/linux/mod_jserv.so, I got this:
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

Anyone has any idea how to solve the problem.

My system configuration:
httpd
-----
Server version: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
Server built:   Sep 21 1999 10:46:27
Linux
-----
RedHat 6.1

Thanks.
--Wong

Re: Problem setting up Tomcat to run with Apache

Posted by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com>.
Try one of:

  1. http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1_m2_rc2
  2. http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly -- source or release
     bundles

Wong Liong Hung wrote:

> Where can I get the newer builds (v3.1M2)? I can only find v3.1M1 at
> jakarta.apache.org.
>
> Your help is appreciated. Thanks.
>
> --Wong
>
> "Anil K. Vijendran" wrote:
> >
> > The instructions are a bit dated and I'm working on updating them. In the
> > meantime, if you are using one of the newer builds (v3.1M2 etc...) can you
> > use that mod_jserv.so _and_ try to include the Apache .conf file that is
> > generated by Tomcat when it first starts up?
> >
> > Wong Liong Hung wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When I followed the steps given in Tomcat+Apache HOWTO to setup Tomcat
> > > to run with Apache, I failed.
> > >
> > > These are the steps taken:
> > > 1. copy mod_jserv.so into /etc/httpd/modules
> > > 2. add "Include /usr/local/tomcat/etc/tomcat.conf" to the end of
> > > httpd.conf
> > > 3. kill the httpd process and start it up using 'httpd' command.
> > >
> > > I tried 2 version of mod_jserv.so. For the /v3.0/linux/mod_jserv.so,
> > > I got following message after starting
> > > up httpd.
> > > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > >
> > > While using v3.1_m1/linux/mod_jserv.so, I got this:
> > > BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
> > > Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
> > >
> > > Anyone has any idea how to solve the problem.
> > >
> > > My system configuration:
> > > httpd
> > > -----
> > > Server version: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
> > > Server built:   Sep 21 1999 10:46:27
> > > Linux
> > > -----
> > > RedHat 6.1
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > --Wong

Peace, Anil +<:-)

Re: Problem setting up Tomcat to run with Apache

Posted by Wong Liong Hung <wo...@embeddedwireless.com>.

Posted by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com>.

Wong Liong Hung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I followed the steps given in Tomcat+Apache HOWTO to setup Tomcat
> to run with Apache, I failed.
>
> These are the steps taken:
> 1. copy mod_jserv.so into /etc/httpd/modules
> 2. add "Include /usr/local/tomcat/etc/tomcat.conf" to the end of
> httpd.conf
> 3. kill the httpd process and start it up using 'httpd' command.
>
> I tried 2 version of mod_jserv.so. For the /v3.0/linux/mod_jserv.so,
> I got following message after starting
> up httpd.
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> While using v3.1_m1/linux/mod_jserv.so, I got this:
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
> Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
>
> Anyone has any idea how to solve the problem.
>
> My system configuration:
> httpd
> -----
> Server version: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
> Server built:   Sep 21 1999 10:46:27
> Linux
> -----
> RedHat 6.1
>
> Thanks.
> --Wong

Peace, Anil +<:-)

Re: Problem setting up Tomcat to run with Apache

Posted by Wong Liong Hung <wo...@embeddedwireless.com>.
you can get that file in
/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/src/jakarta-tools.src.zip

Posted by Phil Du <ph...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,