Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/02 20:10:48 UTC

Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Hi,

As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
the proposal [4]) for incubation.

The nominated mentors of the project are:

    * Jukka Zitting
    * Gianugo Rabellino
    * J Aaron Farr

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Entry+to+Incubation
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/200708.mbox/%3c510143ac0708270947v6cc0d1c1wc96a8470da5b3462@mail.gmail.com%3e
[3] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/200709.mbox/%3c510143ac0709021100t1c2fe8a9j449c807887534fed@mail.gmail.com%3e
[4] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/SlingProposal

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2 Sep 2007, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
> vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
> the proposal [4]) for incubation.

+1

Stefan

Re: Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Craig

On Sep 2, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
> vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
> the proposal [4]) for incubation.
>
> The nominated mentors of the project are:
>
>     * Jukka Zitting
>     * Gianugo Rabellino
>     * J Aaron Farr
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Incubation_Policy.html#Entry+to+Incubation
> [2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/
> 200708.mbox/%
> 3c510143ac0708270947v6cc0d1c1wc96a8470da5b3462@mail.gmail.com%3e
> [3] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/
> 200709.mbox/%
> 3c510143ac0709021100t1c2fe8a9j449c807887534fed@mail.gmail.com%3e
> [4] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/SlingProposal
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 9/2/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation...

+1

-Bertrand

Re: Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
> vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
> the proposal [4]) for incubation.

+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Sep 2, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
> vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
> the proposal [4]) for incubation.
>
> The nominated mentors of the project are:
>
>     * Jukka Zitting
>     * Gianugo Rabellino
>     * J Aaron Farr
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Incubation_Policy.html#Entry+to+Incubation
> [2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/
> 200708.mbox/%
> 3c510143ac0708270947v6cc0d1c1wc96a8470da5b3462@mail.gmail.com%3e
> [3] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/
> 200709.mbox/%
> 3c510143ac0709021100t1c2fe8a9j449c807887534fed@mail.gmail.com%3e
> [4] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/SlingProposal
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

+1

Re: Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 03 September 2007 02:10, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation.

+1.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
"Jukka Zitting" <ju...@gmail.com> writes:

> As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
> vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
> the proposal [4]) for incubation.

+1

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905

Re: Request to accept the Sling project for Incubation

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/5/07, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 September 2007 12:40, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> > > Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
> > > vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
> > > the proposal [4]) for incubation.
> >
> > And therefore we don't.  A notice is fine, nothing to request (other than
> > resources).  :-)
>
> Could it be that the docs are not clear enough about the Sponsor role?? Many
> projects suggested are asking the Incubator to be the Sponsor, and we need
> formal vote on that, but are people aware of the distinction for when other
> PMCs are sponsoring?? It isn't in my bone marrow...

Note the fine line I was walking with my wording. I wasn't calling for
a vote, just an acknowledgement, as documented in [1].

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> As described in [1], please acknowledge this request to enter the
> Sling project into incubation. The Jackrabbit PMC has voted (see the
> vote request [2] and results [3]) to approve the Sling project (see
> the proposal [4]) for incubation.

And therefore we don't.  A notice is fine, nothing to request (other than
resources).  :-)

	--- Noel