Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alice K <al...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/10 13:52:12 UTC

Help Retrieve Email from Pop3

Hi,

I have switched James latest release to our production server from another
enother commercial email server. For some email messages, I got something "
com.sun.mail.util.SharedByteArrayInputStream@a80ea3" when I retrieve my
email messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the messages are
file-based stored.

Alice

RE: Help Retrieve Email from Pop3

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Alice,

Just to be sure, you are running James latest release with all of the JAR
files we provide in the distribution?  What version of the JDK are you
using?  Which operating system?

In looking into the topic, I came across several references:

  http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=31&thread=150269
  http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=43&thread=162523
  http://seminars.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=484154

which imply that there may be some oddities in JavaMail and JAF.

You could try downloading JAF 1.0.2 from Sun and/or JavaMail 1.3 from Sun to
see if either of those help.

  http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/
  http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html

Both of those should go into the first point release after v2.1.

The fact that you get it only for some e-mails is interesting.  By any
chance, are they UUEncoded?

	--- Noel