Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2007/02/12 20:49:37 UTC

Entity name ignored in queries (0.9.6)?

I'm using 0.9.6 and it appears the OpenJPA is ignoring the entity
name when processing queries.  In stead it seems to always choose the
class name for the schema name of the bean.  For example, I have the
following bean declared in my entity mappings:

     <entity name="BasicCmp2Bean"
class="org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean">
         <description>BasicCmp2Bean</description>
         <attributes>
             <id name="id"/>
             <basic name="firstName"/>
             <basic name="lastName"/>
         </attributes>
     </entity>

The following query does not work:

         SELECT o FROM BasicCmp2Bean o WHERE o.lastName = ?1

But this one does:

         SELECT o FROM BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean o WHERE o.lastName
= ?1

When the query fails, I get this message (reformatted a bit with **
added to important entries):

ERROR - The bean instances business method encountered a system
exception: Could not locate metadata for the class using alias
"BasicCmp2Bean". Registered alias mappings: "{
AllowedOperationsCmp2Bean_AOBasicCmp2Bean=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.AllowedOperationsCmp2Bean_AOBasicCmp2
Bean],
AllowedOperationsCmpBean=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.AllowedOperationsCmpBean],
ContextLookupCmpBean=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.ContextLookupCmpBean],
Employee=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp2.Employee],
ManyOwningSideBean_ManyOwningSideBean=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.cmrmapping.ManyOwningSideBean_ManyOwn
ingSideBean],
**BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.BasicCmp2Bean_BasicCmp2Bean],
EncCmpBean=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.EncCmpBean],
BBean_OneToOneB=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetoone.BBean_OneToOneB],
OneOwningSideBean_OneOwningSideBean=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.cmrmapping.OneOwningSideBean_OneOwnin
gSideBean],
ABean_OneToOneA=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetoone.ABean_OneToOneA],
**BasicCmp2Bean=null,
RmiIiopCmpBean=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.RmiIiopCmpBean],
ABean_OneToManyA=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetomany.ABean_OneToManyA],
OneInverseSideBean_OneInverseSideBean=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.cmrmapping.OneInverseSideBean_OneInve
rseSideBean],
BBean_OneToManyB=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmr.onetomany.BBean_OneToManyB],
RmiIiopCmp2Bean_Cmp2_RMI_IIOP_Bean=
   [class
org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.RmiIiopCmp2Bean_Cmp2_RMI_IIOP_Bean],
EncCmp2Bean_EncCmp2Bean=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.EncCmp2Bean_EncCmp2Bean],
BasicCmpBean=
   [class org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.BasicCmpBean]}"

I kind of remember Patrick fixing a bug like this but I couldn't find
the email.

-dain

Re: Entity name ignored in queries (0.9.6)?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Excellent.  I added a watch for this issue and will try out the fix
as soon it is available.

In the mean time, I changed my code generator to generate classes
with the exact entity name I want :)

-dain

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Dain-