Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renaldo VonTeknika <to...@bus.cba.nau.edu> on 2004/06/17 20:14:16 UTC

tomcat5, apache2, mod_jk2 and mod_userdir

I don't seem to be able to get tomcat5, apache2, mod_jk2 and mod_userdir
working together entirely. Everything works fine for the most part as
users can serve jsp pages from their directories and tomcat recognizes
each of their contexts. But I cannot get  the uri
host/~user/servlet/HelloWorld passed to tomcat with 2 wildcards (*).

Here is an example of what the problem is using workers2.properties;

If I try to do what I think should work;

[uri:/~*/servlet/*]
info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

It will not pass to tomcat and I recieve an apache 404 error instead of
the servlet defined by the invoker (or a tomcat 404 error if the invoker
didn't exist)

If I try;

[uri:/~user/servlet/*]
info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

or

[uri:/~*/servlet/HelloWorld]
info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

It has no problem and everything works as it should, but it seems as
thou it cannot deal with 2 wildcards if one is trailing the uri

Anybody have any ideas or know what I am doing wrong?

-RV

Re: tomcat5, apache2, mod_jk2 and mod_userdir

Posted by Renaldo VonTeknika <to...@bus.cba.nau.edu>.
Renaldo VonTeknika wrote:

> I don't seem to be able to get tomcat5, apache2, mod_jk2 and
> mod_userdir working together entirely. Everything works fine for the
> most part as users can serve jsp pages from their directories and
> tomcat recognizes each of their contexts. But I cannot get  the uri
> host/~user/servlet/HelloWorld passed to tomcat with 2 wildcards (*).
>
> Here is an example of what the problem is using workers2.properties;
>
> If I try to do what I think should work;
>
> [uri:/~*/servlet/*]
> info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
>
> It will not pass to tomcat and I recieve an apache 404 error instead
> of the servlet defined by the invoker (or a tomcat 404 error if the
> invoker didn't exist)
>

> If I try;
>
> [uri:/~user/servlet/*]
> info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
>
> or
>
> [uri:/~*/servlet/HelloWorld]
> info=UserDir worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
>
> It has no problem and everything works as it should, but it seems as
> thou it cannot deal with 2 wildcards if one is trailing the uri
>

> Anybody have any ideas or know what I am doing wrong?
>
> -RV

Still having the same issues, does no one know? All I would like to see
happen

is have apache coexist with mod_jk2 for ~user/public_html and servlets. Any
help would be great.

-RV